Nov 1, 2011

We survived Halloween!

This year's Trick or Treat at my house can only be described as a joyful cluster f*ck!

Normally, I love this holiday, but this year turned out to be major chaos!!  Maddy started proclaiming herself a Strawberry Shortcake Princess 3 weeks ago.  For whatever reason, Mommy kept waiting....and waiting....and waiting to buy said costume.  In addition, I had tried to be El Cheapo' and buy the twins' costumes last year on clearance at the outlet mall.  Needless to say, I VASTLY underestimated how enormous they would grow in the last year. Thus, the robots I chose a year ago would not fit.  Again, Mommy waited and waited and waited to buy new costumes. 

Fast forward to this past Saturday......we had decided to all go as a family to buy costumes.  Then the dreaded stomach bug hit! Wiped me out! I finally recovered Sunday night, which left me running around like a maniac on HALLOWEEN looking for one Strawberry Shortcake costume and two matching outfits size 12-18 months that weren't fugly!

I literally went to four stores and wound up with 1 Strawberry Shortcake (that was a bit too small) and 2 matching Frankensteins!




After the stress of the costume purchasing was over, there was this fiasco (which Frank lovingly captured on film):


This is Maddy (a.k.a. Strawberry Shortcake) in anguish because she tripped and ripped her tights before she even went to the first house!! :(

Oh and then there is dear old Dad....as all good wives do, I gave Frank my stomach bug! He was such a trooper for going out last night given how bad he felt. More proof that he would do anything if Maddy asked him to! :)

Despite it all, the kids had a blast, which is really all that matters! Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment