Feb 15, 2012

It's Election Time kiddos!

As a Political Science degree holder and nerd-of-all-trades, I love Election season. With tthat being said, there typically comes a point where even I begin to get annoyed with the media coverage.  I would love it if the American public was able to have an independent thought without the media jamming their favorite candidate down our throats. 

Right now, it appears Mitt Romney is the flavor of the month.  Regardless of whether I like him or not, I should have an opportunity to investigate him and do my own research before the media tells me "THIS GUY IS THE GOP CANDIDATE"! I wish we had a way of having 5 or 10 people on the ballot come November.  Instead, the media picks their favorite Republican and I am stuck voting for him or Obama come November.  How is that fair? By the time the primary rolls around to Ohio, the decision will already be made or at the very least be narrowed down to 2 or 3 people I don't like.

I feel like once again, this election year motto for voters will be pick the lesser of two evils!

1 comment:

  1. It is so exciting, yet I too HATE that it dwindles down to few candidates so quickly.

    ReplyDelete